By Arjay L. Balinbin, Reporter
THE Office of the President (OP) is expected to release a list of names of experts who will be conducting a probe on the Dengvaxia controversy, Health Secretary Francisco T. Duque III said at a briefing in Malacañang on Thursday.
Baka…ma-ilabas na ang decision ng OP patungkol sa pagbubuo ng panel of experts na manggagaling mostly sa ASEAN countries, where, also as part of the presidential directive, those members of the panel, the experts, must come from countries where the Dengvaxia immunization program was also implemented,” Mr. Duque said as an update on the planned three-man panel to investigate Dengvaxia cases in the country. (OP might soon come out with a list on the formation of a panel of experts mostly from ASEAN countries….)
Mr. Duque said there are four persons in the list of experts recommended to the President, but only three will be chosen.
“They are experts. They have the technical proficiency to study, to review all the documents and to put them together in a report,” Mr. Duque also said.
On the Senate’s approval of the P1.16-billion supplemental budget for Dengvaxia recipients last Wednesday, Mr. Duque said: “Finally, we will be able to provide the necessary surveillance, treatments, and hospitalization for those vaccinees who will need those interventions.”
The vaccine manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur has become a leading health concern after findings by the company late last year flagged risks on inoculated patients not stricken by dengue.