By Vann Marlo M. Villegas
THE Department of Justice (DOJ) has placed under its Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order (ILBO) Daraga, Albay, Mayor Carlwyn Baldo and eight others allegedly involved in the Dec. 22, 2018 killing of Ako Bicol Rep. Rodel M. Batocabe.
DOJ Undersecretary and spokesperson Markk L. Perete said the others included in the ILBO are: Christopher C. Naval, Danilo Muella, Rolando Arimado, Emmanuel Rosello, alleged main gunman Henry Yuzon, Jaywin Babor, Gilbert Concepcion, and Agaton Concepcion.
Mr. Perete said the ILBO will be implemented by Bureau of Immigration (BI) officers.
“It instructs the BI to, among others inform and coordinate with the Prosecution Service, the National Bureau of Investigation and other offices should a subject covered by it attempt to flee from our jurisdiction,” he said in a text message.
The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Jan. 3 tagged Mr. Baldo as the mastermind behind the assassination of Mr. Batocabe. He was charged with double murder, and also with six counts of frustrated murder, together with the other suspects, at the Albay Provincial Prosecutor’s Office.
Mr. Naval, Mr. Baldo’s aide, surrendered to the police on Dec. 30 last year while Mr. Rosello was arrested on Jan. 3.
The PNP said on Jan. 4 that Mr. Yuson surrendered to the authorities but was also arrested for his pending rape case. Mr. Babor, the alleged driver of one of the getaway motorcycles, also surrendered to the authorities that day.
Mr. Batocabe, who previously announced that he will run for mayor in the midterm elections, and his police escort SPO2 Orlando Diaz were killed during a gift-giving activity in Daraga last Dec. 22.