By Charmaine A. Tadalan, Reporter
PRESIDENT Rodrigo R. Duterte has reappointed Eliseo M. Rio, Jr. as acting secretary of the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) after Senator Gregorio B. Honasan II’s appointment lapsed.
Mr. Rio, whose appointment papers were signed on March 25, will continue his tenure place of Senator Honasan.
The Senator’s appointment as DICT chief lapsed on Dec. 15, upon failure to submit requirements to the Commission on Appointment. He was nominated by the President on Nov. 22.
Moreover, the Palace also announced the appointment of 23 other officials to the Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Budget and Management, and National Economic and Development Authority, among other agencies.
These include now DSWD Undersecretary Danilo G. Pamonag and Director Rebecca P. Geamala; DBM Directors Ricky L. Sanchez, Mae L. Chua, John Aries S. Macaspac, Joseph Cicero M. Sy and Nympha R. Manalastas; NEDA Directors Kathleen P. Mangune, Dionisio C. Ledres, Jr. And Violeta S. Corpus.
The Palace also appointed the following:
• Gaspar A. Cayat, Commissioner for Region 1 and the Cordilleras, National Commission for Indigenous Peoples
• Agosto B. Maglunsod, Director, NCIP
• Ruby C. Constantino, Director, Department of Health
• Thelma T. Vecina, Director, Department of Interior and Local Government
• Alfonso A. Maralli, Jr. Director, DILG
• Larry U. Sultan, Director, Department of Agriculture
• Zoraida O. Macandindang, Director, Department of Agrarian Reform
• Renante M. Sevilla, Director Department of Energy
• Salustiano T. Jimenez, Director, Department of Education
• Fely C. Simon, Director, Department of Finance, Bureau of Internal Revenue
• Nelly Nita N. Dillera, Deputy Director, Department of Trade and Industry
• Lucy Nenette D. Rojas, Director, Department of Justice
• Zorayda R. Sullano, Register of Deeds, Land Registration Authority, DoJ
• John B. Abejuro, Co-chairperson, Regional Development Council, Region V, NEDA