THE PHILIPPINE government yesterday expressed its condolences to the families of the victims of Sunday night’s mass shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada as it announced that no Filipino casualty has been reported so far. “We extend our deepest condolences to the families of the more than 50 victims who died… We likewise pray for the speedy recovery of the more than 500 people who were reported injured,” Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto C. Abella said in a statement. “We offer our deepest sympathies to the United States over this disturbing act of violence,” Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter S. Cayetano said in a separate statement. Adelio Angelito S. Cruz, Philippine Consul General in Los Angeles, said, “We are coordinating with Las Vegas police authorities and with leaders of the Filipino community to check on our kababayans there. We hope and pray that all of them are safe and accounted for.” — Rosemarie A. Zamora