MOTORISTS can expect to encounter heavy traffic over the weekend as some roads in Metro Manila are scheduled for repair and reblocking, said the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Friday, Jan. 25.
According to the traffic advisory released by the MMDA, the Department of Public Works and Highways will conduct repairs starting 11 p.m. on Friday evening until Monday, Jan. 28, in the following areas:
• C-5 Road before Julia Vargas St.;
• C-5 Road fronting SM Aura;
• EDSA fronting Home Depot to Kaingin Road (fourth lane from the center island); and,
• EDSA after Lagarian Creek to Ermin Garcia (beside the MRT)
• R. Magsaysay Blvd. between Pureza Rd. and Magsaysay Bridge.
Meanwhile, Maynilad and Globe Telecom will also be conducting some restoration and concreting work which is expected to lead to heavy traffic in the following areas:
• Mindanao Ave., south bound from Socorro St. to Mindanao Ave. (first lane from the sidewalk);
• West Ave., south bound from Baler St. to Examiner St. (1st lane from sidewalk); and,
• Commonwealth Ave. corner Soliven. — Vince Angelo C. Ferreras