A FILM about a cranky old woman who wants to die but whose neighbors wouldn’t let her won the top prize at the Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino awards night on Sept. 15 at One Esplanade in Pasay City.
Aside from winning Best Picture, Eduardo Roy, Jr.’s Lola Igna also took home the trophies for Best Actress for 70-year-old character actress Angelica “Angie” Ferro, Best Screenplay, and Best Musical Score.
Another of the night’s big winners was Tyrone Acierto’s thriller Watch Me Kill which won Best Director, Best Editing, and Best Cinematography.
Jun Lana’s The Panti Sisters took home the Best Actor trophy for Martin del Rosario along with the Audience Choice Award. The film was also the festival’s biggest earner as it took in P36 million in its first two days.
The third Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino ran until Sept. 19 in select cinemas nationwide.
Below is the full list of winners:
• Best Picture: Lola Igna
• Jury Prize: Last Song Syndrome (LSS)
• Best Director: Tyrone Acierto, Watch Me Kill
• Best Actress: Angelica “Angie” Ferro, Lola Igna
• Best Actor: Martin del Rosario, The Panti Sisters
• Best Supporting Actress: Tuesday Vargas, The Panti Sisters
• Best Supporting Actor: Gio Alvarez, I’m Ellenya L
• Best Editing: Watch Me Kill
• Best Screenplay: Lola Igna
• Best Cinematography: Watch Me Kill
• Best Production Design: The Panti Sisters
• Best Musical Score: Lola Igna
• Best Theme Song: “Araw-araw” by Ben&Ben for Last Song Syndrome (LSS)
• Audience Choice Award: The Panti Sisters — ZBC