AUSTRALIAN grapes are versatile, the perfect anytime snack or addition to a sweet or savory recipe for a refreshing twist. Some ways to enjoy them are:
• Cut grapes in half, freeze, and use instead of ice as a natural way to chill and sweeten drinks;
• Match fresh grapes with specialty cheese, especially soft cheeses such as brie or camembert to create an impressive and well balanced platter for family and friends; and,
• Dip grapes in melted dark chocolate for a satisfying sweet treat.
Here are some tips on how to choose and store fresh grades:
• When buying grapes, reach for firm, plump clusters that are securely attached to green stems;
• Look for a silvery coating on grapes. This is the natural bloom (not dust) that protects the fruit and is an indicator of freshness ;
• Store grapes in an airtight container in the crisper draw of your refrigerator for up to two weeks
• Rinse grapes before eating and serve slightly chilled to enhance grapes natural crispness.
Top tip: Australian grapes have a thin and crisp skin so there is no need to peel the fruit.
Check out recipes using Australian grapes at http://www.australiangrapes.com.au/category/recipes/