DAN VILLEGAS’ Changing Partners and Giancarlo Abrahan’s Paki emerged victorious at the recently concluded Cinema One Originals Film Festival, with Changing Partners bagging eight awards including the top acting awards, while Paki won four including Best Film.
The Cinema One Originals awards night was held on Sunday at the Dolphy Theater in Quezon City. The directors of both films shared the Best Director trophy.
Changing Partners, about four individuals who experience love and heartbreak, is based on the Palanca-winning play by Vincent de Jesus. It took home the award for Best Actress (Agot Isidro), Best Actor (Jojit Lorenzo), a Special Citation for Ensemble Acting, Best Director, and technical awards including Best Editing and Best Music, and the Audience Choice Awards and Champion Bughaw Award for Best Film.
Meanwhile, Paki, which tells the story of an 80-year-old woman who decides to leave her husband of 60 years, was named Best Film and took home the Best Director award for Mr. Abrahan along with the gongs for Best Supporting Actor (Ricky Davao) and Best Screenplay.
The film festival runs until Nov. 21 in select cinemas, with extended screenings from Nov. 22 until the 28th at the Rockwell PowerPlant Mall Cinemas. For the complete screening schedules, visit the Cinema One Facebook page.
Below is the full list of winners:
• Best Picture: Paki
• Best Director: Dan Villegas (Changing Partners) and Giancarlo Abrahan (Paki)
• Best Actress: Agot Isidro (Changing Partners)
• Best Actor: Jojit Lorenzo (Changing Partners)
• Best Supporting Actor: Ricky Davao (Paki)
• Best Supporting Actress: Mae Paner (Si Chedeng at Si Apple)
• Best Ensemble Acting: Changing Partners
• Best Short Film: Sorry for the Inconvenience by Carl Chavez
• Best Documentary: Bundok Banahaw, Sacred and Profane by Dempster Samarista
• Best Screenplay: Giancarlo Abrahan (Paki)
• Best Sound: Mikko Quizon (Nervous Translation)
• Best Music: Vincent de Jesus (Changing Partners)
• Best Editing: Marya Ignacio (Changing Partners)
• Best Production Design: Donald Camon and Julius Somes (Histographika Errata)
• Best Cinematography: Alex Espartero (Histographika Errata)
• Jury Prize: Histographika Errata
• Special Mention: Si Chedeng at Si Apple
• Audience Choice Award: Changing Partners
• Champion Bughaw: Changing Partners
• C1-Minute Vivo Perfect Short Film: Saludo by Carlo Canlas — ZBC