A 60-year-old Filipino nurse in Libya was hurt by artillery fire in the outskirts of the capital on Saturday amid the civil war, the Philippine Embassy said on Sunday.

“Filipinos in Tripoli are advised to remain vigilant and to take necessary precautions,” Charge d’Affaires Elmer G. Cato said in a social media post.

In a separate statement, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said the Filipino nurse had sustained a shrapnel wound in the shoulder.

She is the third Filipino to have been wounded by the attacks since the in-fighting started in April last year.

“Two other Filipinos had been wounded in rocket attacks in other parts of Tripoli during the early months of the fighting,” DFA said.

The embassy also asked Filipinos living within or near conflict-stricken areas to evacuate to a safer location. There are more than 1,000 Filipinos in Tripoli and surrounding areas.

The in-fighting that had intensified in the past weeks also forced the embassy to move to a new location.

Mr. Cato on May 18 said about 40 Filipinos in Libya had sought to be brought home. But their repatriation could not proceed because of lockdowns to contain the novel coronavirus.

The civil war in Libya stemmed from attempts to overthrow the United Nations-recognized government.

Also at the weekend, Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Brigido D. Dulay said the repatriation of Filipino workers in Saudi Arabia will resume once the lockdown is lifted.

“International and domestic flights are still suspended and travel between provinces of Saudi Arabia is currently prohibited,” he said in a social media post.

The Philippine Embassy in Saudi Arabia said a 24-hour curfew in all cities and regions will be implemented from May 23 to 27.

DFA last week helped 352 Filipinos who were employees of the Nasser S. Al Hajri Corp. in Dammam, Saudi Arabia to come home. — Charmaine A. Tadalan