President Rodrigo R. Duterte has appointed Department of Tourism (DoT) Undersecretary Katherine Chloe S. De Castro as a member of the board of directors of the Intercontinental Broadcasting Corporation (IBC-13), Malacañang said on Wednesday, Aug. 22.
Ms. De Castro was replaced by Edwin R. Enrile as tourism undersecretary.
The President signed the appointment papers of Ms. De Castro and Mr. Enrile last Monday, Aug. 20.
“Pursuant to the provisions of existing laws, you are hereby appointed Member, Board of Directors, Intercontinental Boadcasting Corporation (IBC-13), to serve the unexpired Term of Office (of Manolito O. Cruz) that began on 01 July 2018 and will end on 30 June 2019,” Ms. De Castro’s appointment paper read in part.
IBC-13, according to the official Web site of the Governance Commission for Government-Owned and-Controlled Corporations (GCG), “started out in 1960 as a private company known as Inter-Island Broadcasting Corp., and then was sequestered by the Presidential Commission on Good Government (PCGG) in 1986 as part of the recovery of ill-gotten wealth.”
“It has been one of 2 networks considered as GOCCs aside from Philippine Television Network, Inc. (PTV-4). The State also has a minority share in Radio Philippines Network (RPN-9),” the GCG also said.
The President has also signed the appointment papers of the following new officials:
• Michael P. Ong, Acting Senior Deputy Executive Secretary, Office of the President
• Mcjill Bryant T. Fernandez, Acting Deputy Executive Secretary for General Administration, Office of the President
• Vanessa B. Goc-ong, Assistant Secretary, Office of the President
• Beatrice A. Avelino-Vega, Assistant Secretary, Office of the President
• Francisco P. Acosta, Chairman, Commission on Filipinos Overseas
• Ruben V. Lopez, Member, Board of Directors, United Coconut Planters Bank
• Joe Jay T. Doctora, Member, Board of Directors, Small Business Corporation
• Dengel P. Palmares, Member, Board of Directors, Philippine Sugar Corporation
• Danilo C. Trongco, Member, Board of Directors, National Tobacco Administration
• Amador T. Tabuga, Jr. Member, Board of Directors, Philippine Mining Development Corporation
• Paul J. Paulin, Provincial Agrarian Reform Program Officer I, Department of Agrarian Reform
• Peter Joseph L. Fauni, Register of Deeds II, Land Registration Authority, Department of Justice
— Arjay L. Balinbin