Advertisement

DoJ submits estafa case vs Advincula for resolution

Font Size

PHILSTAR/MICHAEL VARCAS

THE DEPARTMENT of Justice (DoJ) has submitted for resolution the estafa complaint against Peter Joemel Advincula in connection with the beauty pageant he organized in 2018, after he did not show up again in the preliminary investigation. Former Bureau of Corrections director-general Benjamin C. Delos Santos, legal counsel of the complainant, said he moved for the submission of the complaint for resolution even without the counter-affidavit of Mr. Advincula and was approved by the prosecutors. The complaint was filed by businessman Arven R. Valmores of Ardeur World Marketing. Mr. Delos Santos said they are “very confident” with the pieces of evidence they submitted, including an affidavit against Mr. Advincula from the pageant production director, Danrick B. Capuz. Mr. Delos Santos also said that Mr. Advincula was not represented by a legal counsel in the DoJ probe. Mr. Valmores filed the complaint against “Bikoy” last May 10, saying Mr. Advincula used his corporate name and logo, without his consent, in promoting the beauty pageant he organized in August last year. He also said that “Bikoy” was a no-show at the coronation night and was unreachable, leaving the pageant winners and staffs unpaid. Mr. Valmores said he was compelled to shell out P304,422 to pay the winners and staff due to pressure and possible negative impact on his business. “Bikoy” surrendered to authorities on May 22 over the estafa charges but reportedly posted bail at a Baguio City court where the cases are filed. Mr. Advincula claimed the identity of “Bikoy,” the man in the Ang Totoong Narcolist (The Real Narcolist) videos which tagged members of the first family to illegal drugs activities. He later pointed to people and groups opposed to the current administration as those behind the videos. He is reportedly under protective custody of the Philippine National Police. — Vann Marlo M. Villegas





Advertisement