Advertisement

Bautista accepts Tulfo apology with conditions

Font Size

ROLANDO JOSELITO D. BAUTISTA — PHILSTAR/KRIZ JOHN ROSALES

DEPARTMENT OF Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Secretary Rolando D. Bautista on Friday said he is willing to accept the apology of media personality Erwin T. Tulfo, who berated him on national radio, but with several conditions, including a public apology on various platforms and a donation of at least P300,000 each to 19 organizations and institutions.

In a statement written in Filipino, Mr. Bautista, a retired military general, said Mr. Tulfo should comply with these conditions immediately to prove his sincerity.

Tinatanggap ko ang paghingi ng paumanhin ni Ginoong Erwin T. Tulfo alinsunod sa mga nakatakda na kailangan niyang gampanan sa lalong madaling panahon upang mapatunayan ang kanyang katapatan.”

Mr. Bautista said Mr. Tulfo should publish his public apology in major newspapers and social media platforms, and air this over radio stations DZBB, DZMM, Radyo Singko NEWS FM 92.3, DZRH, and DZRB.

The donations, meanwhile, would be in place of payments for damages “sa pagkawasak ng aking pagkatao, reputasyon at pati na rin ng mga institusyon na aking kinakatawan o naging kaanib (for ruining my personality, reputation and the reputation of the institution I represent and previously affiliated with,” he added.

Mr. Baustista said the amount should be deposited to the Land Bank of the Philippines accounts of the following:

  1. Philippine Military Academy;
  2. Philippine Military Academy Alumni Association Inc.;
  3. Association of Generals and Flag Officers;
  4. First Scout Ranger Regiment, Philippine Army;
  5. Special Forces Regiment (Airborne), Philippine Army;
  6. Light Reaction Regiment, Philippine Army;
  7. Philippine National Police Special Action Force;
  8. Philippine Naval Special Operations Group, Philippine Navy;
  9. Philippine Marines Special Operations Group, Philippine Navy;
  10. Philippine National Police Maritime Group;
  11. Trust Fund for the City of Marawi’s Internally Displaced Persons;
  12. Philippine Veterans Hospital;
  13. AFP Victoriano Luna Medical Center;
  14. Philippine National Police Camp Crame General Hospital;
  15. Philippine Army General Hospital;
  16. Philippine Navy General Hospital;
  17. Philippine Air Force General Hospital;
  18. Philippine Coast Guard General Hospital; and
  19. Educational trust fund for the deserving children of DSWD employees.



Mr. Bautista — who retired as head of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and was the overall commander of military operations during the 2017 siege in Marawi — also thanked individuals who supported him, saying, “Taos-puso po akong nagpapasalamat sa bawat isa po sa inyo na nagpaabot at nagpakita ng simpatya, pagkabahala at suporta para sa akin nitong nakaraang buwan ng aking matinding pagsubok dahil sa paninirang-puri at insulto na naidulot ng programang Tutok Erwin Tulfo (I sincerely thank each of you who sent and demonstrated sympathy, concern, and support over the defamation and insults brought by the program Tutok Erwin Tulfo.” – Arjay L. Balinbin