THE ANNUAL Ateneo Art Awards-Purita Kalaw Ledesma Prizes, which recognizes art criticism in the country, is now open for submission of entries.
The articles, which should be no longer than 1,000 words, must be submitted on or before May 31, 5 p.m.
Interested participants write about any of the following exhibitions:
• Bakas Bagtas Bukas by the Anino Shadowplay Collective, ongoing at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) until Feb. 3;
• CONTINUUM: The Art of Alan Rivera A Reconstruction of Memory, ongoing at the CCP’s Bulwagang Fernando Amorsolo (Small Gallery), Pasilyo Victorio Edades (4F Hallway Gallery) and 4th floor Atrium until Feb. 3;
• Graphic Design Exhibition which will be on view at the CCP’s Bulwagang Juan Luna (Main Gallery) and Pasilyo Guillermo Tolentino (3F Hallway Gallery) from March 19 to May 26;
• Transpersonal, an exhibit featuring artists and artist collectives from the UK and Philippines done in collaboration with the University of the Arts London, on view until Feb. 1 at the 1F and 3F Galleries of the Jorge B. Vargas Museum, UP Diliman, QC;
• Rendering 2017-2018, an exhibit by Gerardo Tan in collaboration with Felicidad Prudente and Sammy Buhle, which is run from Feb. 9 to March 7 at the 3F Galleries of the Jorge B. Vargas Museum, UP Diliman, QC;
• Allison Wong David solo show, which will run from March 26 to May 31 at the 1F Galleries of the Jorge B. Vargas Museum, UP Diliman, QC;
• Jason Dy solo show, which will run from March 16 to April 16 at the 3F Galleries of the Jorge B. Vargas Museum, UP Diliman, QC;
• Sa Dagat at Bundok: Wynn-Wynn Ong, until March 2, at the Basement Galleries of the Metropolitan Museum of Manila;
• Hau Chiok: Sixty Years of Creativity, until Jan. 15, at the Tall Galleries of the Metropolitan Museum of Manila;
• Gendered Bodies in Southeast Asia: Works by Women Artists, from Jan. 29 to March 9 at the Galeriya Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas of the Metropolitan Museum of Manila;
• 100 Years of Deutscher Werkbund, March 28 to June 1, at the Ground Floor Galleries of the Metropolitan Museum of Manila;
• Locsin and Santos: Structures of Social Engagement, April 25 to May 25, at the White Cube Gallery of the Metropolitan Museum of Manila;
• Arte Povera Exhibition, Feb. 7 to May 12, at the Museum of Contemporary Art and Design (MCAD), College of St. Benilde;
• Images of Nation: F. V. Coching, Komiks at Kultura, until Feb. 3 at the Ayala Museum;
• Territory: Gus Albor, Works from 1969 — 2018, until Feb. 10 at the Ayala Museum, and;
• Gold in our Veins: Mark Lewis Lim Higgins, Feb. 18 to April 14 at the Ayala Museum
The writers, of any age, must be based in the Philippines. To avoid conflict of interests, writers and columnist from any broadsheets and local/international magazine cannot participate, but contributors, defined as any person whose written works is published with a byline but not identified as a columnist may join.
The Purita Kalaw-Ledesma Prizes in Art Criticism honors the memory of Purita Kalaw-Ledesma, art patron and founder of the Art Association of the Philippines (AAP). Ms. Ledesma was instrumental in the development of Philippine art of the post war period through the establishment of the AAP and her patronage of both established and emerging artists.
For inquiries, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the Ateneo Art Gallery at 426-6488 or 426-6001 loc. 4163.