By Arjay L. Balinbin, Reporter
Malacañang on Wednesday, July 11, announced President Rodrigo R. Duterte’s new appointments, including former Democratic Independent Workers’ Association (DIWA) party-list representative Emmeline A. Villar, the wife of Public Works Secretary Mark A. Villar.
Mr. Duterte appointed Ms. Villar as an undersecretary of the Department of Justice (DoJ), according to a certified copy of her appointment paper dated July 11.
The President likewise signed the appointment papers of new DoJ Undersecretaries Adrian Ferdinand S. Sugay and Markk L. Perete, and Assistant Secretary Neal Vincent M. Bainto.
The Palace announced as well the appointment of Saidamen B. Pangarungan, a former governor of Lanao del Sur, as Secretary of the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) for a term of two years.
Mr. Pangarungan will also be serving as a commissioner of the NCMF for four years. His appointment papers were signed on July 9.
Other appointments the Palace announced on Wednesday include:
· Abdulgani M. Macatoman, Undersecretary, Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
· Roberto P. Alabado III, Assistant Secretary, Department of Tourism (DoT)
· Patricio S. Bernales, Jr., Director II, National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), Department of Justice (DoJ)
· Charlo C. Collado, Deputy Director, Bureau of Corrections (BuCor), Department of Justice (DoJ)
· Julius A. Hidalgo, Register of Deeds III, Land Registry Authority (LRA), Department of Justice (DoJ)
· Paterno D. Morales, Director II, National Bureau of Investgation (NBI), Department of Justice (DoJ)