Advertisement

DoLE finds 3,400 firms in violation of EO 51

Font Size

Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE)
PHILSTAR

THE Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) said it will release today a list of about 3,400 employers found to be in violation of an executive order (EO) issued on May 1, which prohibits employment practices that violate security of tenure.

Officials said the list of 3,400 expands on a preliminary list of violators of EO 51, which contained 850 companies earlier this month.

Undersecretary Joel B. Maglunsod said the workers employed by the companies involved number about 105,000.

President Rodrigo R. Duterte ordered DoLE on April 26 to submit the list within 30 days.

Asked for details on the industries the violators represent, Mr. Maglunsod replied that they were from retail, manufacturing, and services.

He added that the most common violations were “LOC, or Labor-only contracting” and irregularization.

The list to be released today will be “an initial list,” with Mr. Maglunsod saying further inspections are proceeding. — Gillian M. Cortez